Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

It's Monday

Your meme is hosted by Sheila here: http://bookjourney.net/

It's been nearly a month since I did one of these - or blogged at all. I was haing an existential blogging crisis, then I decided to stop that.

Anyway. What am I reading?

I had a pretty decent reading January; getting through about 10 books. The standout read for that month was, I think, Graceling, which I liked very much of a lot.

For this month, so far, I've finished Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel and honestly I think it's going to be my favourite read this year. It's so, so, so very good and I wish I had many copies so that I could hand it out to people on the street and earnestly explain why they should read it.

You. You should read it, if you haven't. It's great.

Um. Anyway. I'm still pottering away at Sister Carrie, although I fell well behind on Care's readalong. However, it's a decent lunchtime read and I'm enjoying it, so I persist. Other than that I've picked up On the Beach by Neville Shute. I've never read him, but several of his books came to me via my mother, a few years ago, and this one has been on my radar for a while.

Up next is Order of the Phoenix, because I realised I"m also falling behind on Sheila's readalong, but I shall persist, if not prevail.

What are you reading?

9 comments:

Renay said...

STATION ELEVEN! It's so great.

I'm reading a writing book, The Surprisingly Short History of Heterosexuality, and Empire of Ivory, which is probably two books too many.

Ana S. said...

Graceling AND Station Eleven! A difficult month to beat :D

Debbish said...

I must get hold of Station Eleven. I don't even know if it's out here in Australia.

Deb

Kailana said...

Station Eleven will be one of my favourites of this year, too. I read it in January and loved it!

Kathy Martin said...

I have never heard of Station Eleven. I'll have to check into that one. I liked Graceling too. You can see my week here. Happy reading!

Lindsay said...

I really really must get round to reading Station Eleven!

Lisa Mandina said...

I've heard a lot about Station Eleven, I need to get on that one! Hope you have a great week!
Check out my Monday post

Kristen M. said...

I have all of the Graceling books so I should start them sooner than later!

Maree said...

Renay: Never too many!!! Temeraire! I need to get back to that series.

Ana: it was a stellar month for great books :-)

Deborah: I'm in New Zealand and I've seen it all over here, so it should be available there, too.

Kailana: Wasn't it amazing???

Kathy: It was so, so, so great.

Lindsay: Yes! You won't regret it :D

Lisa: I can thoroughly recommend it - to everyone :-)

Kristen: They've been on my radar for a while, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Graceling.