Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

More challenges? Don't mind if I do ...




















.... er. But at least one of them is mine? That counts, right?

Anyway. First up is the Haruki Murakami challenge, hosted here: http://www.inspringitisthedawn.com/2010/12/haruki-murakami-reading-challenge-2011.html

I've never read Murakami, and I've opted for the easiest level: one book. I think I'm co-reading The Wind-up Bird Chronicle with Care from http://bkclubcare.wordpress.com/ - in June, I believe. :-)

My own challenge is a Kiwi YA challenge, which I'm hosting over here: http://kiwiyachallenge.blogspot.com/ Sign-ups are open throughout 2011, and the challenge runs all year. So, you know ... *gently nudges readers to the challenge*. It's going to be a good one, I hope.

I'm also still hosting the NZ Book mini-challenge in March, which will look exactly like this again: http://justaddbooks.blogspot.com/2009/09/business-time.html so if you can't commit to a year; you could read a Kiwi novel in March, right?  :DDDDDDDD

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very tempted by the mini challenge in March. Is Whale Rider a NZ film??

Maree said...

Yes! It's based on the novel of the same name by Witi Ihimaera :-)

Violet said...

I might have to read The Whale Rider. It was a lovely film. Have Janet Frame's posthumous novel (name escapes me!) on request at the library, plus two NZ YA books. So, I should be set for your two challenges. Happy Blogaversery. Three years is a long time in the Blogosphere! :)

Maree said...

Violet - I haven't seen Whale Rider - or read the book. I should put that on my own list - lol. Oh ... Towards Another Summer? I LOVED that!

Care said...

Thanks for the linky-love! I read The Whale Rider for last NZ challenge, not a bad read but I preferred the movie. :)

Maree said...

Care - I haven't read the book or seen the movie ... *bad Kiwi!*

Beth said...

I'm trying the Murakami challenge too - let's see how we do :)

Enjoying your blog - looking forward to reading more

Beth :)

Care said...

Hi Honey! I'm on a bit of a blogging break but just had to stop by here let you know that I bought WindupBirdChronicle today so I will be ready for June! I am really looking forward to this and then I will concentrate on catching up on my kiwi challenge reading...
hugs, C