Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading?





Your meme is hosted here:  http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/

I had a reasonably productive week. Well, weekend. Tanabata of http://www.inspringitisthedawn.com/ and I had a bit of an informal mini readathon on twitter, where we spent yesterday reading as much as possible within a 12-hour period. I finished The Wench is Dead by Colin Dexter, and Luka and the Fire of Life by Salman Rushdie.

Before that, on Saturday, I finished By Nightfall by Michael Cunningham. Two days, three books. Pretty good, for me.

On the pile this week, I still have The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope, which I haven't picked up in a while, but I'm determined to finish; In Cold Blood by Truman Capote; Guardians of the West by David Eddings (#teamsilk); uh ... The Two Towers (still, yes, I know) and Quillblade by Ben Chandler. Oh! And The Fall by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.

That's way more than I can read in a week, but that's what my nightstand looks like ;)

Happy reading!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

You did indeed have a great week. Happy reading this week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/12/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-18.html

BLHmistress said...

Sounds like my nightstand filled to the brim so to speak LOL. Happy Reading.

What I'm Reading

Sean Wright said...

I am reading New Ceres Nights by Twelfth Planet Press, and The A to Zen of Lawn Bowls.

Maree said...

Jennifer: It was very productive! :)
BLHmisstress: Lol that's a lot of our nightstands, I think :)
Sean: Heh, Lawn bowls ;)

Jan von Harz said...

Weekends are usually my time to read, but I had to get my Christmas shopping done and didn't get much accomplished this week. Hope you have a wonderful week and a very Merry Christmas!

tanabata said...

3 books in 2 days is great! Our little #minireadathon was such fun, I definitely think we need to do it again. Regularly. :P

What did you think of By Nightfall? I've only read The Hours and quite liked it and have been meaning to read something else by him.

Gnoe (@Graasland) said...

Three books in two days: wow! I don't think I'd ever manage that, not even in a readathon -- well, when we're talking *real* books anyway. A few novella's might work ;)

I had fun doing the mini-readathon too! TNX for organizing and I hope we'll be doing it again soon. Here's what I accomplished.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I read By Nightfall a couple of weeks ago...I enjoy this author.

I have Capote's In Cold Blood on my stacks.

Have a great week.

Here's my Monday:

(click on my name)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

My nightstand usually looks like that too and spreads to the recliner, coffee table, kitchen table... enjoy your reading this week! :)

Aleetha said...

The Two Towers? You re-read it?

Happy Reading and have a blast holiday

my "What are you reading?"

Alayne said...

I recently read By Nightfall and loved it. I'm going to check out your review. Happy reading! My post is up at The Crowded Leaf.

Maree said...

Jan: Thank you - same to you! :)
Tanabata: It was fun!! We definitely need to make it a regular thing :)
Gnoe: I'm glad you had fun - I think we will be doing it again :)
Laurel-Rain: By Nightfall was good :)
Sheila: Lol!! Thank you :)
Aleetha: We had an LOTR readalong earlier this year. I just got a bit behind on the actual reading
Alayne: Thank you :)

Athira said...

The readathons really help, don't they? I love doing them! I'm glad you got to read a lot this weekend. Have a great week!