Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading?


The endlessly interesting question is asked here: http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/

That picture to your left? represents the books that are currently residing on my bedside table. All of them - apart from American Gods - have some kind of bookmark in them. I've started them all, but they're a fairly accurate representation of just how slow my reading is going this year - I don't think I've got past page 50 in any of them yet.

On the other hand, in the past two weeks, I've finished two books: Private by James Patterson; and Blackwork by Monica Ferris, who writes cosy needlework mysteries.

If you're peering at the titles, or if they're hard to read, they are - from top to bottom:
The Two Towers; American Gods; The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao; Horns, Gone With the Wind and The City & The City.

That's pretty much my reading pile for the forseeable future. Not bad; not bad.

Happy reading!

12 comments:

Care said...

I hope to start American Gods this week! I'll be off to my aunt's in Maine for the US Independence Day holiday weekend which should give me LOTS of reading time. I'll be ready for July 10! (I just hope that I have access to the internet that day)

Maree said...

Lol - I kept thinking it was starting this week ... and it's my challenge!!!

I'll definitely be set to go on the 10th :D

Kathy Martin said...

You have started an interesting variety of books. If you want to, you can check out my week here. Happy reading!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You have some BIG reads going on! Enjoy them! :D

NancyO said...

What a great bookstack!

American Gods is one of my all-time favorite books ever, and you'll also want to read Anansi Boys right after. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao I also really enjoyed; and I really enjoy China Mieville's books as well.

Have a great time with these books...they're all wonderful choices!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I feel it. There are just too many good books in the world. It makes it hard for a girl to focus.

Anonymous said...

You have lots of great books on the go! Enjoy your reading :)

Unknown said...

Great pile. Something for every mood!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow, Gone With the Wind! I was just thinking about that the other day...it's been YEARS since I read it last.

Horns intrigues me...maybe it's the "Stephen King connection."

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope you have a great week, whichever books you decide to read.

Anonymous said...

I loved American Gods. I haven't gotten to Horns yet, but Hill's first novel was fantastic. Have a great week.

Marce said...

I just finished Horns, would love to see what someone else thinks about it.

My post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

anothercookiecrumbles said...

Been meaning to read American Gods for a while... enjoy the books!