Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Weekly Geeks




The topic, Geeks, is here as always:
I never plan my reading. I sort of stumble over books in a clumsy and graceless fashion and read whatever smacks me in the face the hardest.
I should be doing better with challenges, but as always, I'm ... not. I've accidentally nearly finished the Neil Gaiman one, I think I only have one more book to read for that. The rest of them ... uh ... never mind.
I do try, every so often. In a worthy fashion, I pile the books I want to read next on my bedside table. But, inevitably, I'm distracted by something shiny in the corner.
Happy Weekly Geeks! :)

9 comments:

Louise said...

I have tried to plan my reading through various challenges, but it is apparently just to show off that I do it. I seem to find books all the time outside of the challenges which I'd rather read! I guess I am going back on not planning my reading as soon as I have seen IF I manage to complete the rest of my challenges ;o)

Erotic Horizon said...

"I sort of stumble over books in a clumsy and graceless fashion and read whatever smacks me in the face the hardest."

I really love that -I have my mood moment where as you said, it just smack you in the face and you end up having a fun read...

You brought a smile to me this morning...

Happy Weekly geek..

E.H>

gautami tripathy said...

Stumbling is the right word. I loved that!

Weekly Geeks: Planned reading and Spreadsheets

Anonymous said...

I love how you said you've almost finished the Neil Gaiman challenge by accident. I'm the same way when it comes to challenges.

Kerrie said...

I've tried the piling books up method Maree, and then I reorder the pile, defeating the purpose. Good post.

Anonymous said...

"Shiny in the corner" is a great way to approach the process! Happy Weekly Geeks to YOU. :)

pussreboots said...

I didn't join the Neil Gaiman challenge because I knew I'd read them all anyway. LOL. My post is here.

Anonymous said...

Same here, I've got books next to my bed, but I always pick up something else. No plan, whatsoever.

SariJ said...

I had to laugh (with you) at your post. The books piled on my end table are there because I think I will a book if it is sitting next to my bed only to find I see a book on a shelf calling my name. On and on it goes. About every two weeks I put the books on my table away only to pick them back up again. If I could read by touch I would have all my TBRs done already!