Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The reading week


On the go this week I have Love in the Time of Cholera and that's all for now, which is very unlike me.

I do, however, have some very interesting-sounding library books out at the moment, so it will be a matter of deciding which one sounds the most interesting, and also which batch is closest to being due back. So possibly on the agenda is Waifs and Strays by Charles de Lint, or The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette by Carolly Erickson, or Oxford Exit by Veronica Stallwood.

As usual, so many books, so little time ...

It was payday on Friday and my day off, which led to Inappropriate Spending. I bought Finding Nemo on DVD (it was on special) and Dark Alchemy, a collection of YA short stories by the likes of Neil Gaiman and Garth Nix. Although I might give that one to my niece for Christmas, which means, actually, I SAVED money (yes, that's how my brain works).

2 comments:

Kim said...

This post made me laugh out loud. Oh what we book lovers won't do to justify a book purchase! I love it..."inappropriate spending"...lol!
*smiles*
Kim

Ana S. said...

lol, that's how my brain works too :P

I loved Dark Alchemy. I hope you enjoy it too!