Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

The reading week ... late

Little late. This is one of those weeks where i seem to be reading lots of different books, that will eventually get finished. It doesn't happen often, normally I try to stick to two or three, but sometimes I trip, or something.

I finished Up Till Now, by William Shatner, which was awesome (review to come) and I finally started The Tenant of Wildfell Hall _ October's classic read. I can't say what I think of it yet; I'm only about 20 pages in. I'm also still reading House by Frank Perretti and Ted Dekker, and that's due back at the library tomorrow. Since I can only read it in daylight hours without totally freaking myself out, I'm not sure if I'll get it finished.

I pulled Inkheart from my bookshelf to read but I don't know when I'll really get a chance to start it. I'm also picking away at a variety of short stories, for a Creative Writing course I started a few weeks ago. For our next assignment we have to talk about a short story that has changed/impacted us in some way. I'm not a great short story reader, so I've been picking at a few different ones. I"m pretty sure I'm going to use October in the Chair by Neil Gaiman, though. Which, of course, will mean reading the whole Fragile Things collection (again ... heh).

Um. That's all ... for now. :)

2 comments:

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Reading creepy books at night, in the dark is something I love. But House had me spooked out looking at the shadows in the corners. It has great atmosphere.

Ana S. said...

October in the chair is a great choice!