Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Losing yet more of my mind



So I've lost my mind, and joined two reading challenges. Once Upon A Time II; and this one hosted at http://bottle-of-shine.livejournal.com/273294.html?mode=reply (Plus I love the name of the challenge .. heh)
The explanation of the challenge is very simple, but it's 2am here and it's all in the link :)

My list of favourites:


The Lord of the Rings by J R R Tolkien

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

The Stand by Stephen King

The Source by James Michener

Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie

The Court of the Midnight King by Freda Warrington

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood

Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay

Momo by Michael Ende

The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell



Books I plan to read (I'm dithering over what too choose, although the plan is to certainly only read three):
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Mort by Terry Pratchett (a handy crossover with the Once Upon a Time II challenge) _ Mort is out of this challenge, because I've read it already!
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


3 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

The Book Thief is *excellent*. I'm not familiar with the others but TBT is one of my favorites this year. Very readable and engrossing.

tanabata said...

I sometimes think I'm losing my mind too joining in so many challenges! They are fun though.
I keep meaning to try something by Guy Gavriel Kay but haven't yet. The one that I have on my shelves is 'The Lions of Al-Rassan'. Have you read that one?

Maree said...

No, actually Tigana is the only book of his I have read. But I really loved it. :)